Background and skills**Middle Office Analyst**
* Part time (3 or 4 days) or full time (5 days in a highly flex mature environment)
We are searching for an experienced fully/part qualified Accountant to assist the Investment Managers at this publicly listed fund based in Central London.
The Middle Office Analyst is primarily responsible for assisting the Investment Managers by providing review/analysis of fund profit and loss accounts and calculating the Net Asset Value (NAV) of funds. They are responsible for highlighting potential operational or valuation issues to the Investment Managers.
This is a critical role for one of the most prestigious fund management businesses in the world. The firm is committed to flexible working and has partnered with Juggle to deliver on their commitment to onboard and manage high quality flexible professionals. This role can be a part time position (3-4 days) OR full time (5 days) with a high degree of flexibility to work from home when needed.
**Background and Skills required**
* Professional qualifications: Qualified / part-qualified with a relevant professional body (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) desirable
* Highly numerate (required)
* Experience working in financial services (Operations / Fund Accounting / Valuations / FX hedging)
* Systems: Confident and proficient user of desktop and bespoke technology
* A team player, who is also comfortable to take individual ownership
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to communicate effectively with multiple senior stakeholders
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Advanced excel skills required
* Using the firms systems and other available tools on a daily basis review and analyse fund profit and loss accounts, in order to assist reporting performance to the Investment Managers
* Calculate Net Asset Value (NAV) of funds on a daily, weekly and monthly basis including checking accrued income and expenses
* Liaise with the fund administrators to reconcile fund NAVs
* Review reconciliations between custodians, prime brokers and fund management system and arrange investigation and/or correction of breaking items
* Ensure the quality and effectiveness of the pricing governance and controls are maintained through identification and mitigation of pricing risks and the communication/documentation of any enhancements to the framework
* Review foreign exchange exposures and report to the Investment Managers, highlighting any currency hedging requirements
* Monitoring of accruals, cash levels and fund fee activity
* Liquidity management
* Cash projection forecasting
* Rebates – Calculation and Monitoring of rebate arrangements within the funds valuations
* Projects – Represent the team on operational focused and wider Man projects such as system enhancements and regulatory change integration.
* Reporting – Prepare reporting, fund updates and MIS to stakeholders
* Process improvement – Drive efficiencies and improve controls by reviewing existing systems, processes, procedures and MIS to identify enhancements and make continuous improvement
* Query management – Confidently and effectively manage queries with both internal and external stakeholders