Background and skills**Financial Accountant Team Leader**
* Part time (3 or 4 days) or full time (5 days in a highly flex mature environment)
We are searching for a Team Lead level Accountant to join one of the world’s largest and most successful fund management businesses based in Central London.
Reporting into Group Finance, the Financial Accountant Team Leader will be responsible for leading a team managing the financial control across a number of core business functions.
This is a critical role for one of the most prestigious fund management businesses in the world. The firm is committed to flexible working and has partnered with Juggle to deliver on their commitment to onboard and manage high quality flexible professionals.
This role can be a part time position (3-4 days) OR full time (5 days) with a high degree of flexibility to work from home when needed.
**Background and Skills required**
* Accounting: ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualification. Good knowledge of financial accounting, including technical accounting (to include IFRS).
* Experience working in a Financial Accounting or Operational team would be advantageous
* Financial Controls: Excellent knowledge and understanding of controls, with an ability to critically evaluate them within a large multi-national organisation.
* Business and Regulatory: Experience or knowledge of the FCA regulatory rules and the asset management industry would be advantageous
* Leadership: Experience in directing a team, ensuring day to day workload is managed through strong communication and effective prioritisation and staff are coached and developed
* IT Skills: Must be computer literate with strong excel skills and have the ability to learn new systems
* Risk Awareness: Ability to understand financial risk and use it to influence decisions and critically appraise processes
* Provide communication, support, coaching and mentoring to direct reports and to the wider team. Planning and structuring the team’s work schedule and resourcing requirements.
* Review the monthly management accounts, ensuring that the general ledger is accurate and complete, and that all analytical reviews and balance sheet reconciliations have been completed and review points are addressed.
* Review local GAAP statutory accounts, ensuring compliance with relevant GAAP and regulatory requirements.
* Liaise with the Group’s auditors, ensuring the delivery of relevant information to support the Group and subsidiary audits.
* Support the Group tax team and external tax advisors in ensuring compliance with local tax requirements
This is a fantastic opportunity for an exceptional Communications specialist to join a prestigious fund who has embraced mature hiring and management practices and demonstrated true commitment to employee wellbeing.